ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirement of International standard for designing and implementing an environmental management system to enhance an organisation environmental performance.
ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective.
By minimizing the risk of regulatory and environmental liability fines and improving an organization’s efficiency, benefits can include
- Diminish the risk of pollution incidents
- Provide operational improvements
- Cost Effective
- Develop the business in sustainable manner
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015
- Provides statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Improve company reputation and stakeholder confidence through strategic communication.
- Increase leadership involvement and employee engagement.
- Achieve strategic business goals by incorporating environmental issues into business management.
- Encourage suppliers to improve their environmental performance.
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs.