ISO 50001:2018 is the newly revised international standard for energy management providing the most robust framework for optimising energy efficiency in public and private sector organisations. ISO 50001 certification demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to continual improvement in energy management, allowing them to lead by example within their respective industries and ensure related legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
- Identify and monitor the cost of energy consumption
- The charging system and tariffs should be checked determine if an improved rate
- Reduction of waste and improvement of recycling rate
- Proper control of chemical substances
- Promotion of energy and resource conservation
- Development of environmentally benign products
- Involve collating and analysing the utility bills (electricity, gas, water) an any other bills relating to energy consumption.
Benefits of ISO 50001:2018
- Reduced air emissions, such as greenhouse gases;
- Increased efficiency of energy sources;
- Increased assurance of legal, internal compliance;
- Variables affecting energy use and consumption are identified, and
- Reduced operational and overhead costs lead to increased profitability;
- Increased understanding of energy use and consumption via communication